Bridges to the Elms Plus Experience
After nearly a year of comprehensive collaboration through listening sessions and surveys with faculty, 工作人员, students; information gathering by subcommittees; and benchmarking, 榆树大学 has developed five critical strategic areas to lead our efforts as we move forward in line with our mission, 愿景, 和价值观. Please note: The 榆树大学 Strategic Plan has been extended for one additional year – through 2024.
Click on each of the five institutional priorities listed below to learn more. You can also download the 执行概要.
See what we have accomplished: Strategic Plan: Year One Report, Strategic Plan: Year Two Report, Strategic Plan: Year Three Report
- Build a robust faculty mentoring and development program, including the needs of diverse faculty.
- Ensure that distinctive elements of an Elms education are incorporated into all academic programming.
- Implement a comprehensive plan for the innovative delivery of ElmsFlex programs with a commitment to accessibility for all students.
- Maintain a continued focus on identified academic program priorities.
- Identify new academic program opportunities for planning, resource allocation, launch.
扩大 Experiential Learning
- Advance Experiential Learning (EL) at Elms and oversee the Keating Schneider Fund and the Elms Internship Advantage Experience Fund.
- Establish the position of Director of Experiential Learning.
- Increase the number and types of EL opportunities available.
- Create a pathway for EL throughout the Elms Plus Experience from day one through graduation.
- Make EL accessible for all students.
提升 Ethical Leadership
- Develop a comprehensive plan to infuse ethics and ethical leadership development into all academic and cocurricular programs, as well as the liberal arts core.
- Institute ethical leadership development as a hallmark feature of the Elms Plus Experience that will distinguish the college regionally and nationally.
- Establish the Center for Ethics, Religion and Culture as the visible manifestation of the college’s commitment to our 天主教徒的身份 and contemporary academic and public engagement.
参与 Our Learning Community
- 建立多元化, 公平的, inclusive campus through increased underrepresented student enrollment and faculty and 工作人员 hiring and retention.
- Empower students through leadership roles effecting positive changes in the college, 当地社区, 这个世界.
- Carry on the legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph by engaging students’ learning through spirituality and service to the Dear Neighbor.
- Improve living and learning environments in the residence halls, 教室, flexible affinity spaces.
- Increase undergraduate enrollment pool geographically and with fully online/nontraditional students.
- Increase student retention of academically underprepared, 住宅, underrepresented populations.
- Increase graduate enrollment.
- Increase student athlete enrollment by modernizing athletic facilities.
- Augment and track fiscal stability of the college.
- Boost donor funding through a multi-year comprehensive capital campaign.